Thursday, February 15, 2007

Flour, Sugar, and a WHOLE lot of love!






Several weeks ago I came up with an idea to make cookie pop bouquets and chocolate suckers for Valentine's Day to sell and raise money for the adoption. I called the fundraiser HOPE POPS. I made several books to pass around at work. It was a shot in the dark and we set a goal to sell $500 to put towards the many costs that we are and will be facing to bring Allie home. Little did we know.....THE IDEA EXPLODED and God took any expectations we had and BLEW it out of the water. Here were the totals from our sale:

375 Cookie Pops
436 Suckers
4 days work
70 hours labor

For a GRAND TOTAL OF:
$1227.68

WE ARE SO COMPLETELY AMAZED AND HUMBLED BY THE MANY WHO BOUGHT, SOLD, AND SLAVED, ALL TO HELP BRING ALLIE HOME!! Thank you God for blessing us with amazing family, friends, and co-workers! You have been so good to us! More than we could possibly ever deserve. You know Allie. And you knew every cookie baked would put us one step closer to her. You are Amazing God!

We want to send a special shout out to:
April-I couldn't have done this without you girl. You're my sister and my best friend. Thanks for ALWAYS being right there by my side. YOU ROCK SUCKER QUEEN!

My Mom- Thank you for supporting me and loving me so much! I couldn't have made it through the weekend without you right there cheering me on.

Tara and Tracie- Thanks for supporting us and selling those Cookie Pops!! You mean so much to us!

All of our family who helped bake, buy, and sell! You're all are so amazing! Allie is so lucky to have such a loving family!

Everybody at Central Park Baptist Child Care, NAFECO, First Smyrna Creative Learning Center, DOC, and Danville Baptist. Thank you for giving us a special gift of love for Valentine's. We hope you enjoyed your sweet treats!

We are continuing our Cookie Pop and Sucker journey to help raise money to bring Allie home. Please remember us for Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day, birthday parties, and any other special event. If you have a special idea in mind or would like to customize an order, call Stacie or leave us a comment.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! AND....Happy Valentine's Day!

We love you! Jerry and Stacie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jerry & Stacie,

Your cookie pops and suckers were a huge hit with my husband. Needless to say they didnt last very long in our house. I am so happy for you two and wish you the best in your adoption process. April has been filing me in every week ;o) God Bless

Your friend,
Tiffany
(April's CLC friend)

dreamingBIGdreams said...

Stacie - I also work with April and loved the idea for your fundraiser. My family LOVED the cookies (me too!) and I took everyone in my small group a sucker.

I hope that your journey is a short and peaceful one to your baby!

I put pics of your cookies up on my blog!