The US has added another step to this never ending process. They are now requiring a 2nd DNA test to be taken of the baby to make sure he or she wasn't switched before going home. It is really sad that some crazy, crooked people have to make things harder for everybody else. Am I upset that we have to wait through one more step until we can bring Allie home? Yes, but I DO know that if steps are not made to reverse all the crooked ways that have given Guatemalan adoptions a bad name, it will be shut down. What will happen to all the other children that need a forever family?? There are not enough orphanages in Guatemala to house them, nor is there enough money to build as many as they would need. So, if I have to wait a little more time so the future of Guatemalan adoptions can HAVE a future, so be it. Allie will come home. God knows the exact moment. I am praying that all of the other children in need of a family will get the chance to have that moment too.
When we get on that plane to bring Allie home, I will not be sad, because I feel in my heart that God has lead us to this great country for a reason. I feel in my heart we will be back. To bring home another son or daughter? Only God knows that, but I sure hope and pray that we are given the chance.
Stacie
Tuesday, August 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You have put into writing some of the thoughts I have been thinking about Guatemala and the adoption process. I have been thinking about all the children who would not have a home and family if adoption were shut down. I also hope to adopting another child from Guatemala, and hope and pray that someday I will have that opportunity.
Dear Stacie,
What a great post. I feel very sad that Russia has made it SO hard to adopt that my hopes of adopting another from there ending the day God let us bring Annalise home. I pray always that the children in all orphanages ALL over the world are able to find forever families. By the way, Allie is SOOOO stinkin' cute and I know that God will bring her home soon to you and Jerry.
Hugs-
Dori
P.S. Can't wait to meet you in Atlanta!!!!
Hey Jerry and Stacie,
It was so nice to see Allie's sweet face again. She is growing sooo fast. I am so excited for you guys to get to visit her---bring home lots of pictures!!!! We are praying for you.
Lots of Love,
Taylor, Mark and Owen
Post a Comment