Monday, September 17, 2007

Preparing the Fields



This clip is from a really great movie, Facing the Giants. So many times I have thought of this clip during this process. So many times I am the farmer in doubt of rain, when I should be preparing the fields. If you haven't seen this movie, go rent it today. God will speak straight to your heart.

I must admit. The longer we wait for our verdict from PGN, the more anxious I am getting. I feel how tense my body is and how fast my heart is beating. I need to CALM DOWN before I have a nervous break down! I have felt my God beside me every step of the way though, and I know HE is in control right now. We are desperate to get Allie and bring her home, but instead of thinking negatively, we are "preparing the fields for rain." We are getting ready for our daughter to come home!

Another blogger and fellow Guatemama brought this verse to my attention and I believe it with all my heart....
"Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.” Matthew 18:19

Will you join us in prayer and agreement that our daughter will be released from PGN in the next few weeks??

We thank you with heavy hearts,
Stacie

8 comments:

Gail said...

That clip is so good!! Today was one of those days when I lost it with someone and then thought, "How can I be a mother and act like this?" I do need to make sure my field is prepared.
Thanks!!
Gail

Anonymous said...

I was sitting at my computer in Guatemala praying and kind of complaining to God about our situation and saw your post. Thank you for bringing that story to my attention.

Doripink said...

Praying with you. I always felt closer to Annalise and God when I "prepared the fields" during her adoption...I hope and pray that Allir comes home real soon!
Love-
Dori

Shannon said...

You know we are standing right there with you and Jerry, in faith, calling our daughters home!!!

Soon and very soon.....

Emily said...

I love that movie! I will be happy to agree with you in prayer that Allie will be released from PGN very soon! I can't wait to hear your good news!

Jenn said...

Good message! My sister in law told me that she feels like I need to get everything ready for Shiloh to come home (her room ect.) as a sign of faith to God that we were ready and waiting for her, so I have been working on it. This message makes me want to get it done that much sooner!

Anonymous said...

My sweet daughter , God is with you and Jerry right now and He has a great plan for bringing Allie home ! He knows you have a heavy heart and He is working to bring you togetther as a family1 remember God always does way more than we can imagine! I love you mother

Melissa said...

I will continue to pray that our sweet baby girls are home soon.