Wow, we are still having to pinch ourselves to make sure we're not dreaming that Allie REALLY IS coming home next month. We are so excited and can't wait to get that girl home with us!
The day we found out that our case had been approved was not one of my greatest days. If you read down, I think I was losing my mind and saying something about being "slumpy?" hee hee. I had been checking our email like 1230980985 times that day, searching, looking for ANY kind of information. My sister and my mom-in-law were over that night helping me paint Allie's room. I was trying my best to keep my mind off of everything, but it wasn't working very well. It was about 8pm and I finally peeled myself away from the computer with loss of hope to hear anything else for that day. I went to paint and pumped up my Christmas music. (I appologized to my sister and mom-in-law ahead of time and warned them before they started, that Christmas music was mandatory) As I drifted off to the North Pole in my mind, I couldn't help but return to reality quickly. I couldn't stand it. I thought I should just check the email ONE MORE TIME, just in case. I knew that our attorney works late sometimes and it was now 9pm (8pm GT time). I opened it up....and THERE IT WAS! APPROVED! Yahoooooo! I started screaming and my sister and mom-in-law ran in to see what was the matter. I was literally shaking all over and crying my eyeballs out! Jerry was at a Toby Mac concert with our youth group that night so he wasn't there. I went straight to the phone and called him, but the music was so loud HE COULDN'T UNDERSTAND ME!! I told him I would text him and somehow he heard me. My hands were shaking so much it took me FOREVER to get the words in....WE'RE OUT OF PGN!! He called me right back and was screaming and jumping up and down! We were on cloud 9 and we still are! Our Allie is coming home!
Monday, October 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
What a great story! I am so happy for you both. Finally getting that call is one of the best feelings.
That's a great story about "the call". Allie will love hearing about it some day!
How exciting! I am so glad she will be home SOON!!!!!! Post some pics of her room...
love ya,
Amanda
So Exciting!!! I had tears reading this because I know all those emotions all to well! Still having them. Rose
That makes me cry! I'm SO happy for you guys!!!
New to your blog, but saw you had an out, and I can't help but be excited for you!! We are only 3.5 weeks in PGN (whose counting), so the call seems far away, but I know it will happen. Thanks for sharing your story. Praying you get pink very soon!
I am so happy for you and excited too.
Come on PINK!!!
Gail
Praise the Lord!!!! All of our little Guatemalan munchkins are coming home!!!
Many, many blessings!
Kristin
Missed you and praying for PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Julia:)
Post a Comment