Yowzers, what a sick and sleepless whirlwind it has been at our house since the week before Christmas!! Poor little Allie has been sick with a stomach virus, bad cold, and urinary tract infection all in about a three weeks span. On New Year's Day, she started running a fever. It lasted for 5 days and it got up to 104 degrees!! We have been so worried! She has been to the doctor several times trying to find out what was causing it and they seem to think it was a combo of the bad cold and infection. They want to send her to a specialist to run more tests. Urinary tract infections in children under 2 can sometimes be caused by underdevelopment and they want to be sure nothing is complicating her kidneys. I sure hope not!!
Needless to say sleep has been NON-EXISTING in our household. We have not been happy, nice people. We turn into hairy, green monsters, with sharp teeth when we don't get our sleep. Sighhhhhhh.....the joys of parenthood. I wouldn't trade it for anything!
Allie is starting to feel better and hopefully we can get her back on a schedule and routine this week....and hopefully BACK TO SLEEP!!!!!!
Have a great day!
Stacie
PS. I have some HILARIOUS pics of Allie eating her first popsicle, but I can't load them! Here is a pic of Jerry and Allie napping to tide you over!
9 comments:
I'm sorry she has been so sick! That's a hard way to start out together! Hoping you guys get some better sleep not that she is feeling better!
hey guys
hope Allie is feeling better soon!
Tell april to post something new soon, i keep checking it everyday!!
tara
I hope she is feeling better real soon. It's tough watching little ones when they don't feel good. You just want to make it all better and can't. Hopefully, you will get to catch up on your sleep soon.
Cute picture of Allie and Daddy though!
Kim
Love how Jerry has his mouth open...you know that's the REAL deep sleep when your exhausted and haven't gotten any sleep! :) They are too cute! Hope Allie if feeling better. Annalise had her kidneys checked via an ultrasound when we brought her home...she actually loved it. They laid her on a table with a TV and cartoons and it was done in a few minutes!
Keep us posted!
Love-
Dori
I feel so awful that you have had a sick baby girl! No sleep is the WORST! I am praying that she is well soon. :-) Jill
Oh you poor things!! I pray you can sleep very soon as the lack of it is no good!! :)
oh no. hope everyone is doing better. keep us posted. can't wait to see more pictures. courtney
I hope Allie is feeling better. She is still cute as a button!
You could have stuck a pacifier in Jerry's mouth. LOL Hope Allie is better and everyone is getting good sleep.
Gail
Post a Comment