Monday, May 19, 2008

Oramos para los papeles...


This Family is waiting to bring their two boys, Gerson and Elviz, home. Their paperwork in tangled up in a big mess. They recently went to see the boys and had to explain to them why they couldn't come home this time. We pray that will be the last time you have that conversation and the next one will be "Let's Go Home..."

She writes...

On Thursday morning, I tried to prepare the boys that we would be going back to the hogar later that day. I tried to explain why Mami & Papi were not taking them home right now but that we would be back. That's a hard thing to explain "why" when you don't understand it yourself. . .

I told them that we have to wait for the papers that say it is OK for them to go to the United States. And I told them them on another day, Mami and Papi and Gerson and Elviz would fly on a big airplane to the United States to our house with Brayden and Parker. I asked them if they understood, and they both shook their heads yes. Then Gerson added, "Oramos para los papeles" (we pray for the papers). He is so right.

1 comment:

Kim said...

We are all praying for those priceless papers to unite all the families.