Monday, August 27, 2007

This Friday!!


It's only THIS MUCH longer until I meet my Mommy and Daddy!!


Wow...it's so amazing to think that this Friday we'll be holding our sweet little girl for the very first time! We planned this trip 4 months ago and it seemed like SUCH a long way away. Let me tell you, it has FLOWN BY!! We have covered SO MUCH ground since then, and I am thrilled that we can say we're in the home stretch!! Yesterday at church we had just finished up our morning worship service. Lately, Stacie and I have been getting down reading about all of the KO's going around with PGN, and we've been sulking thinking that the same thing is bound to happen to us. Well after the service, one of the ladies from our church whom I have a DEEP respect for said to us, "I just KNOW she's coming home soon! I KNOW God's got a miracle coming!" She had the biggest smile on her face! I couldn't help but be filled with joy, knowing that she's right!! I know it! I know God's bringing her home soon! Maybe we think it's arrogant to think that God will grant us a miracle just for asking, but Matthew 21:22 says, "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." And that's Jesus talking!! I believe Him! How many times do we ask God for a miracle, believing He CAN do it, but not really sure if He's GOING to do it? That's not at all how we're supposed to talk to God! He wants us to BELIEVE in His power!

Sorry for the mini-message! I can't help it! It comes with the youth minister territory!! Just to update everyone, we will have been in PGN 4 weeks this week! We've already had our kickout for no PA, so hopefully that will satisfy the PGNers! Keep us in your prayers this week as we get to go and spend this time with our daughter. The hardest thing we will ever have to do will occur on Wednesday of next week, when we have to give her back. Please remember us especially on that day. Praying for a GREAT week in everyone's process!

Much Love,
Jerry

15 comments:

Sweet To Our Seoul said...

First, let me say, "Thank you" to Jerry for posting, because I am tired of looking at that cleaning bottle from the last post everyday!!! hehehe Just Kidding!!
Secondly, OH MY GOODNESS you are leaving in just a few days!!!!!!!!! I am SOOOOOO excited for you both and can't wait to see my sweet little neice in your arms. I love her so much already and can't WAIT to hold her myself. Wishing you guys just the best trip ever. Cherish every moment with her....and even though it will be hard to leave her.....I BELIEVE too that God will have her back in your arms before you know it.
Love you guys, (Yeah, yeah, & Mattie the Dog too)
April

Kristi said...

WOW - I cannot believe you posted this today! This so me!! I BELIEVE that God CAN work miracles.... I have seen them! HOWEVER, I"ve had serious doubts that HE would work them for us! I have been praying specifically that you'll hear that you are OUT while you are on your visit. Maybe I shouldn't have told ya'll that but it's too late now! :-) I pray you hear good nes VERY VERY soon!

Much Love -
Bama

Gail said...

That is wonderful that God gave you a word thru someone. My pastor's wife has mentioned a prayer to me that they have for my baby and I need to hold that and believe it too.
Thanks for the post.
Gail

Emily said...

Thanks for the great post! I know you will have a great time visiting and can't wait to see pictures of you with Allie!

Doripink said...

Great Post Jerry! You're so right...I always find myself praying for God's miracle and blessings, but never really believe He will grant my request. I know that God is watching over you and Stacie and Allie and I pray that He grants you the peace and reassurance you need next week. Enjoy the time with Allie...she is one lucky girl!
Blessings-
Dori

Jodie said...

Have a great visit!! I can't wait to see the pictures! I've been feeling the same lately reading the guat boards & seeing KOs & such & we STILL have not been submitted to PGN yet! So I've been in a funk lately that I need to get out of! Your post helped :)

Courtney said...

so exciting. I can not wait to hear all about your trip. I am excited to see pictures. soon you will be holding your baby girl. courtney

Natalie said...

You've waited so long for this visit with Allie! I'm so excited for you guys to finally hold your sweet baby girl...in just a few days!!!! My prayers will be with you.

Shannon said...

It's alomost time to leave!!! Are you completely over the moon yet??

Are you taking a laptop with you? We can't wait to see pictures of you all together!!!

JuJu - said...

good to ehar frm you guys:)

So happy you are goin got get to meet that gorgeous girl SOON!!

we are believing with you for your miracle:)

Doripink said...

woo hoo!!! tomorrow!!!! woo hoo!! I can't wait to see pictures of all 3 of you!!! Yippy! God Bless!
Dori

Sweet To Our Seoul said...

You guys will leaving in just s few hours, beginning your journey on your way to your sweet Allie!! Be safe and enjoy every minute of that sweet little baby. I only wish i could be there to see your faces when you meet her. I love you both!!

Love,
April
PS. You better call me EVERYDAY while you are gone. :)

Anonymous said...

WOW! I can't believe it's finally here! I'm so happy for you all to get to meet soon. God be with you on this part of the journey. Looking forward to lots of pictures!
Love to you all,
Kim W.

Jodie said...

Ya'll are leaving tomorrow!!!!!!! Have a great time!!!

Anonymous said...

Have a great visit. I have been following your progress with April.
Have a wonderful trip with your sweet baby girl. Enjoy every minute.
When you meet her all the pain will disappear.
Lisa Molenda